A Slice Of Nostalgia
Posted on April 05 2020
A slice of nostalgia and my husbands totally awesome pizza!
My husband and I grew up in the 80s, we both loved our childhoods from the Saturday morning cartoons, classic movies, the cereal, toys, music, and TGIF who could forget TGIF!! ABCs TGIF was one of my favourite things all your favourite shows lined up (perfect strangers, full house, just the 10 of us and step by step). And theres nothing we love more than making pizza and showing our kids all the movies and tv shows we grew up on!
My husband is a great cook! I love making a couple cocktails with him making our pizza together and settling in with a great nostalgic movie. My husband is going to share his amazing pizza recipe and Im going to give you a list of my favourite 80s movies sure to make a wonderful night with your family.
My Husbands Totally Awesome Pizza
1cup 40C water
1 tsp yeast
1 tbsp sugar
2cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic powder
1. In a large bowl put in the warm water, yeast, and sugar and give it a good stir and let it sit for 10 min.
2. While that is sitting, combine the rest of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and give it a good mixing to make sure its evenly distributed.
3. After 10 minutes add half of the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until smooth. adding garlic powder, oregano and chilli flakes to the dough makes this pizza so amazing! Then add the rest and keep stirring. If using a mixer with a dough hook then go until the dough is well formed.
4. kneed the dough with flour on a smooth counter surface and in a clean bowl add dash of olive oil. Turn the dough to give it a coating of the oil and cover in the bowl with a clean dish towel. Let the dough double in size.
5. After doubling in size, roll the dough out and form your pizza crust. You can use a roller, your hands and or your fingers to get the dough to your desired shape. The dough can be 3/8 inch thick or even thinner. Brush some olive oil to the outside of the crust and sprinkle some Parmesan.
6. Pre bake the dough for 5 minutes at 400C.
7. Take it out and make your pizza with all of your desired toppings. We try making different sauces, and put different toppings to try and outdo our last pizza. Here is a list of topping we like on our pizza. Mozzarella, ground beef cooked and seasoned, bacon, pepperoni, onion, mushroom, fresh basil, green pepper, red pepper, cheddar. Do not put too much on, just use a few at a time from the list and find your favourite combinations.
"Unless your Pizza the answer is yes I can live without you!"
15 of my favourite 80s Movies that will make you feel "Totally Radical"
Like Father Like Son
Ferris Bueller's day off
Can't Buy Me Love
She's Out Of Control
Back To The future
License To Drive
Adventures In Babysitting